Sunday, March 1, 2009

Back Into the Fray

Well, it's Sunday finally. Friday was a half day at work, because we had a hike up Mount Douglas that afternoon. I'm a little bitter about that still, so I won't write more. I managed to drop off Sailor's whites to the triwall that's going to meet them in Pusan though. That afternoon before supper, I took the girls to Ready, Set, Learn at the SLCC where we got a bag of swag and had a little visit with people in the community we haven't seen in a while.

Saturday was busy! Kee Kee got his shots and a de-worm pill, which added up to an extra $60 that we weren't expecting. Then we got some groceries, and took Ray to "It's Not Dancing Day" class. She's so hit-and-miss in this class. It's very frustrating. And I don't know whether or not to enrol her for September again. *sigh*

After that, we picked up the frozen portion of the list and headed home. A quick non-eating of lunch and Greta went to her crib for a change. It was supposed to be a nap, but it wasn't. And a change is as good as a rest, right?

We all went to the local hair shop and got trims. The girls were great! Then home and a late supper. The girls were in bed 45 minutes later than usual. Ooops.

Didn't stop them from waking up early today though! Ray came into my room at 6:30. I told her that when there was a 7, then she could talk. Yeah... that worked. Not.

So up we got at 7, showered, dressed and down for left-over pancakes for breakfast. Sister-In-Law arrived around 9 and it was GREAT to know someone could watch the girls while I ran off and did errands.

Recycle bottles and cans: $10.40.
Pick-up cell phone: re-format.
Drop-off and pick-up from Kinderbeez: still no shoes in Ray's size.
Drop-off ad money to Tupperware Rep: two weeks til our business fair!
Check out Dump: closed on Sunday. *sigh* Well, that'll give me something to do on the 21st if I can find a sitter.

Sailor's in Okinawa now. It's Monday morning there and it's Sunday afternoon here. We're going to try to Skype tomorrow evening around supper time.

The rain has been falling pretty steady today and the lawn is more green than white, so things are looking up! We're having roast chicken and sweet potato rounds for supper tonight (and mixed veg), and tomorrow Ray wants a chicken and cheese sandwich. Greta will get left-over chicken and I'll have the last piece of quiche from last night.

Our neighbours are back from Cancun, minus one piece of luggage. They had a great time though. The other neighbour's Husky puppy is growing exponentially and is the cutest thing!

The Flex for the week:
Monday - work, Skype with Sailor at dinner time.
Tuesday - work, speech therapist at dinner.
Wednesday - work, Mary Kay training night (and I have a sitter!).
Thursday - work.
Friday - work.
Saturay - groceries, dance class.
Sunday - girls to Godparent's place while I write my English exam.

I've put an ad out there for a live-out nanny. It's frustrating. I've asked for a resume with references. I've received four replies:
1 - says she works at the front desk of a hotel and babysits. Much prefers to babysit. Uh... it's caregiving. However, she did send her resume and references as asked.
2 - texted me on her cel 2 give her a call if I'm "intrested" in talking to her. No resume, no references given.
3 - is giving birth any day and would love to go back to work in April. I told her she's nuts (but in a nice way).
4 - is 19 and wants to work in a customer service job. Her spelling is not that good, however she did send me a resume. But no references and her 'cover letter' is geared towards a customer service job, instead of THIS job. So... uh... no.

I'm sure the right person will come along. But I was hoping for April 1st. Guess it's not going to happen til May 1st now.

Preschool put up their rates another $30 a month. It's only $1 day increase, but they're not the only ones putting their rates up and it's killing us. To have both girls there until Greta turns 3 will cost us around $1400+ month, and once she's 3, it'll be only $50 less.

I know my kids are my greatest treasure (etc etc), but it does me no good if I can't keep a roof over their heads, not to mention all the days off I have to take when Daycare closes or they get sick. So, a nanny it is. I hope. Wish us luck!

It's been a year since my dad passed away. Time really does go fast when you keep busy. I still miss him very much, but I'm not bursting into tears whenever I think of him. The Grief Support group I go to helps a lot with that.

I'm looking forward to talking to Sailor again soon. I hope he finds a way to call us if we can't Skype - without running up the cell phone bill!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.