"Tell me why I don't like Tuesdays..." (sorry Sir Bob). Ray was surprisingly easy to get up this morning. We left 4 minutes late, made up the time at the drop-off though, so we were only 1 minute late getting onto the highway.
I went to the lawyer's this afternoon to sign my will and pay for the service of getting them done. Sailor had to have his done before he sailed and they were great to do it so quickly. I also had a talk with the lawyer about a little problem we had with our real estate agent about 4 1/2 years ago when we bought our house. He thinks we may have a case, so we'll keep onto that.
Then I swung by the bank. The lineup was out of this world! I didn't get out of there til waaay after 4.
When I got Greta, they had been outside for a little walk. I popped her into her seat and away we went. Five minutes later, she erupted.
She had been fussy, but I thought it was because the sun was in her eyes. We went through the lights at the highway and merged, and then YARF, all over her carseat, jacket... just like Ray's last week, only not quite as much.
I pulled over into a gravel lay-by beside the construction, and used a million Kleenexes to clean her up. I didn't have a garbage bag, so I dropped them to the ground until I could figure out what to do with them.
A lady pulled in to get her mail and wandered over. She's late 50's I guess. She said, "Are you alright?"
I replied, "Yes, my baby threw up and I'm just cleaning her up."
"Oh, poor thing," she says, "You're not going to leave those there, are you?" pointing to the Kleenex on the ground.
"No, I'm NOT," I said and promptly ignored her and went back to cleaning off my kid.
First of all - excuse me? They're TISSUES lady. Filled with vomit. I think they're biodegradeable.
Second of all - it's a construction zone. HELLO! My little mess is really the least of your worries around here.
Third of all - you could have at least offered me a bag or something. Really, take some diplomacy and tact courses because you really need it.
I laughed about it after, but I was amazed at the balls this woman has.
We made it to get Ray (around quarter to 5) and made it home safely. I managed to get everything inside and into the washer within 10 minutes. Then I started supper. Then the speech therapy lady called to say she'd be 20 minutes late.
As I was holding Greta because she was whiny and crying (real tears too, weird), she barfed again. All over my shoulder, her replaced sweater, into the sink. And two minutes later AGAIN, all over my shoulder, her sweater, and into the sink.
We went upstairs for another change and managed to get everything into the utility room. As I was cleaning up the sink from that, Greta was sipping apple juice (popple-joo) on the sofa. The doorbell rang and the speech lady was there.
I stopped her at the door, explained the situation, and then we made an appointment for next week. Then I called my sitter and told her that there'd been a change of plans, but I'd need her for next Tuesday for sure.
Murphy's Laws of Deployment Parenting #4:
When you have a night away for coffee with the girls or training or some-such escape, one or more children will be sick a minimum of two times that afternoon so that you CAN'T get away.
*sigh*
I am, however, going to my Mary Kay night tomorrow, because I just AM!! Unless, of course, Greta is sick all day tomorrow and not just tired like her sister was.
By the time I flashed up the computer tonight it was around 7:30. Greta had a quick bath and while I read her stories, Ray was in the shower. We ended up downstairs just after 7, and I had some dishes to wash and the kitchen to tidy up before I could 'play'.
Got an email from Sailor saying he was going to try to Skype again between 5 and 6 our time. Sorry I missed him, but honestly, it was a madhouse around here, and adding that into the mix would have really messed me up.
Besides, Greta probably would have yarfed all over the keyboard, and we can't have that!
ETA: Change to the flex: Friday is not a working day - DCP is closed, so we're having a play date with a friend and her kids. Unless, of course, Greta is still sick. Saturday after dance, Harvest Valley is making an appearance to go over our needs for the coming year.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.