Friday was nice - I slept most of the day away and felt so much better afterwards. The girls got the sniffles too, but if it's only a cold, we're good to go.
Saturday Ray actually danced at dance class! For a good portion of it too. Chasing Greta around outside the studio in rainy weather wasn't too much fun for either of us, but Ray needed to see that we were watching. We grabbed some groceries (returning the water filter/tap gave us grocery money!) and had a late lunch. After letting Greta scream and cry and talk in her crib for an hour or so, we went to the church for a meeting on how to improve the family atmosphere of the services. We were home for a late supper.
Around this time, Sailor's ship had their crossing the line ceremony. He said it went off well, but for some reason couldn't send any pictures. I guess we'll wait til he comes home.
Sunday we had church, then a birthday party for one of the boys from the church. It was a hoot, and the girls were kept running all afternoon. Once we got home, it was time to make supper as my aunts and uncle were popping in for a visit and food. We don't often see these specific people so it was a real treat to spend some time with them. Of course, the girls wanted to go outside as the weather was so nice. So we did (the girls, me and Aunty H). Getting Greta back inside included much screaming, yelling and tantruming. She was definitely tired. At 6:05 we were upstairs and in the tub. She was asleep before her music ended.
Ray was tired enough to go to bed at 7:30 and was under the covers by quarter to 8. It's my turn now, to turn in early. I'm over the cold for the most part, and it's due to Mona Vie and Cold FX.
I have my expres test tomorrow, so I have to be able to run. My whole body is out of alignment and I know I'm not at the top of my game, but if I can pop some cold pills and an Advil, I should be able to make it through okay.
I found out how to stop the cat from scratching my weatherstripping: double-sided sticky tape. And I have some too!
If I hadn't spilled an ounce of my beer on my computer table, it would have been a great day all around.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.