Greta’s finally over her gastro-bug. It was a poop-tacular day yesterday, as we went through at least 7 disposables. I was getting worried if we’d have enough to last until I got to the store. She moaned and dripped all day, ran a fever, and then when the medicine kicked in, she chatted and played puzzles til bedtime.
I disclosed all information to the babysitter and she still came over. I heart her. Greta was down by 6:30 and I left about 10 minutes later to go to my Mary Kay training in town. It was so nice to get out of the house. My sitter said that she knew how much I needed the break and as she had made plans to help me out, she wasn’t going to turn me down unless I thought Greta would need me. As it was, Greta bitched for about 2 hours, and fell asleep about 45 minutes before I came home.
Ray had over half an hour of stories read to her and refused the babysitter’s tucking in and put herself to bed at 8. *insert shocked look here* Kids really are different around others than their parents.
The morning routine wasn’t too bad either – just putting in the car seats took the time this morning. Both girls whined about getting up, but Ray actually started dressing herself! It’s a definite improvement over last month.
It’s been a month today that Sailor left. Wow. Let’s recap: Greta gets Fifth’s Disease and a tummy bug. Cat gets into a fight and ends up on meds and house arrest for four days. Ray gets a gastro bug, dances, doesn’t dance, dances and doesn’t dance again. Greta gets the gastro bug. That’s three – let’s hope the streak has come to an end! We’ve had four garbage days (fifth tomorrow), two recycle days and two water days. Sister-in-law’s birthday and three visits from her and a friend. Mother-in-law’s birthday the other day. Two chiropractor visits, two trips to Costco, three afternoons off for ‘personal admin’ and four grocery store trips. It’s been productive I think. This coming month is supposed to be even busier. Let’s just hope all illnesses are done for a while.
I’m off tomorrow due to a daycare closure, so I think it’s going to be disinfecting day around the house. And if the weather’s nice, we might try for the park with some friends. As long as noses stop sniffling around here.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.