Thursday, February 26, 2009

So Tired...

Gonna give a quick run-down then go to sleep:

- up at 3:30 to get water for Ray. Cat sat on face.
- up at 4:30 to get started. Cat yowled til I fed him. Then I put him outside for the day.
- packed bags, loaded truck (little snow, mostly ice)
- 5:45 was wake-up for girls. Not happy.
- 5:50 phone rings - friend has been sick all night. Still drop off Ray though.
- 6:15 we arrive at friend's. They leave there 10 minutes later.
- 6:45 Greta and I arrive at daycare. Greta not impressed having to sit in truck. I put on boots.
- 6:55 daycare lady opens up 5 minutes early! First time evah this happens.
- found out there's no jetty parking at 7:08 so I go back to the other lot and walk very quickly to catch the 7:10 boat. I inform crew that I need to go to Naden.
- 7:22 we pull into Dockyard. I have a minor pissy moment. Silly crew member tries to tell me this is a new schedule and asks if I'm on a practice. I tell him that every other time we pull into Naden first and that this is a parade that I have to be on in 6 minutes.. I'm thinking, "I'm in a monkey suit for parade, so it MUST be important, no? Obviously not, asshat."
- 7:24 we leave Dockyard and head to Naden.
- 7:27 I find out that the floats are very slippery and there's black ice on part of the roadway leading up.
- upon arriving at the Drill Shed at 7:32, it seems everyone's fallen in. I drop my stuff on the side and scoot over to fall in.
- sometime between 8:00 and 8:25 (can't see watch for exact time), my toes start to go numb.
- sometime around 8:30, my fingers and nose start to get chilled.
- I finally arrive at work at 9:30-ish.
- work work work
- 3:10 boat leaves on time (and stops at Naden on the way)
- 3:38 sees me arrive at daycare, where Greta takes one look and books it from the kitchen to the playroom with a look of terror on her face. "Nooooo!" means, "don't take me from the fun place to play!"
- we pull out of the drive at 3:54 and are on the way to get Ray.
- we arrive at 4:32 to find everyone playing inside. Greta joins them and I replace Ray's car seat.
- pick up mail. Get Sailor's whites that were ordered from the post office. Come home.
- dinner gets started at 5:00.
- Ray has an incident which involves panties, a closed bathroom door, and some icky poo at 6:00.
- Ray's showered and in her bed at 6:15, reading her new Cinderella book.
- Greta's bathed and reading bedtime stories with Ray at 6:35. Ray has another run-in with the toilet, but comes out unscathed.
- Greta's down at 6:52, but now Ray wants me to read her Cinderella. Ok.
- 7:00 and I'm done, going downstairs.
- Garbage out, car seats switched, cat hidden downstairs by 7:22
- emails answered, surfing complete at 9:08.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.