Thursday, March 12, 2009

I Feel Like A Duck

Like I don't have ENOUGH to do on a day-to-day basis, I decided back in January to spearhead a local home-based business show. The date we ended up with due to various reasons is the 15th of March.

So now, things are starting to speed up:

- the vendors are wondering why we have only 15 minutes to set up. Well, because the space would only allow us 15 minutes before and after to do so. And I figured if we're paying for 4 hours, we should GET 4 hours. Not pay for 5 and only get 4. Silly me.

- I was wondering why the location didn't put our fair on their big lit marquee sign. Apparently I was supposed to have ASKED for that at the time of booking. Yeah, well it was such a gong show just getting the booking, that I didn't bother. Not that I knew that. I thought that if you had something like a home-based business fair that was open to the public, that it would have been understood that advertising was wanted. Or at least have been asked. Silly me.

- On a positive note, the local radio station is giving us a heckuva deal for ad time - 10 spots for less than 1/2 price!

My nanny ad has two interested parties in it. One, about my age is VERY interested, but the 7 am arrival time is making her hesitate. Hell, I've already changed it to an hour later than when I REALLY need it! And I quoted her $100 more than I should have, so when I tell her that, she's probably not going to be too impressed.

The other person sounds older (I'd say late 50's?) and she goes to my church and her neighbour is our priest. She's going to mull it over too, as the 7 am start time is a thinking point for her, and she'd have to come over from a little distance away.

That's only if my work will accept me working from 8 til 3 (and working through lunch to pull that off).

Greta's diapers are FINALLY back to normal now, and she's definitely getting ready for potty training as her dry spells are lasting longer.

Ray has a wee rash on her hands for some reason, and she said she was scratching because she was itchy. Now I have to try to figure that out.

I have a sitter for tomorrow and my neighbour and I are going out for some pops after the girls are in bed.

Yesterday was a success, but I spent FAR too much money. Worth it though.

Sailor couldn't call from is port today due to weather, and after finding out the roaming charges we got from Hawaii, he'd better get a phone card and aim for a payphone!!

Well, it's time to put Ray to bed and me to the tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.