Sunday, March 15, 2009

Time To Breathe - I Don't Have It

Well what an exciting last few days.

Friday night I went out with my neighbour and we had a BLAST at the local pub.I knew the bass player in the band, and after 3 pints of Sleeman's I was in fine form. I got to sing because the guitar player was slow coming back from the second set break, and I jumped up to do Some Kind Of Wonderful. Which I'd never do if I were sober.

My friend and her daughter are supposed to come over next weekend, so we may attempt this again if the band is playing somewhere local.

Saturday, Ray didn't dance the whole time again, and we went to the grocery store. After Greta woke from her nap later, Gramma (Sailor's mum) and Sister-In-Law arrived for a visit. I was told by Niece #1, who was bringing Niece #2, that they'd be here between 5:30 and 6. At 6 I said "to hell with it" and no sooner had we sat down for dinner (at about 6:10 or so), they walked in the door. Dinner was lovely, held in the dining room, and the girls were on their best behaviour. Even after the cake they had for dessert.

I stayed up late again, talking to the Nieces as I don't get a chance to see them much, and Niece #2 is usually in Saskatchewan. The last time I'd seen her was at our wedding 6 1/2 years ago. This was the first time she's met the girls too. It was nice to have good girlie chat.

Today was the Business Fair. One vendor emailed and said she was sick and wasn't coming, but she still is sending money for her table. Nice of her.

We had a good turn out - of vendors! First, it was rain and snow. Then it was snow. And it was sticking. By 11:00, it was coming thick and fast. I felt like such a tool. No one blamed me for the weather (VERY nice of them), and we (the vendors) actaully had a great time networking and chatting about products, as well as buying some. We did get some stuff (including $5) for the food bank, but not as much as we would have had if the weather had held out.

So over 4 hours, the 9 containers of 2-Bite Cinnamon Buns turned into 7 containers (which were then given to the vendors). We now have lots of coffee, whitener, sugar, cups and spoons for the next one.

It's probably decided we'll try again in May or June. Nearly all the vendors asked to be informed of the next one, which was so sweet of them. The sun finally came out and the snow was gone... at 2:30... when we ended.

I met the two nanny contestants. Number 1 is young, around 25-30, very sweet and wants to take the girls everywhere and do lots of stuff. She misses nanny-ing, and is worried about getting here early, but said she could try it. She has horses and would take the girls there too, as well as swimming and the park with her nieces and sister and friends with their kids. I don't know how I feel about that, to be honest. Part of me thinks that's cool, but part of me wonders if she'd get too attached (she admitted she wants to get attached to the kids) to them and think of them as 'hers', but not in a good way, IYKWIM.

Number 2 is older, in her 60's I'd say, and is also very nice. She's a more nature-oriented woman, and wants to have the kids outside learning about nature and suchlike. She's also worried about the early morning, but is willing to give it a go. She's raised three kids on her own, so she knows a thing or two I'm sure. I'm worried about her energy level around the girls, but who knows - maybe it'll be what they need?

I think I'll email Sailor and let him know. Then the women will each take a turn to come over for a couple hours and see how the kids relate to each of them.

Tomorrow is my big interview with three Chiefs for the PMC position at the PCF. If I get it, I'll be out of trade for 2 years. If I don't then I'm going to apply at the Alternate Dispute Resolution Centre for THEIR out of trade positions and see if it's a good fit before I go through the courses I'd need to facilitate there regularly.

Either way, I'm hapy. I'm nervous about tomorrow for sure - Sailor usually does my boots and I'm supposed to be in Salt & Peppers. I'm debating on putting on a skirt and heels, but the weather looks craptacular (it was hailing on the snow this afternoon) so I'll check out the stuff tonight and see what can be done. If it's bad, I might just wear nice heels with pants and take the pain as I walk up the hill to the interview.

Well, it's bath time and the girls have been going to bed later that usual lately. We're up at 5/6 tomorow, so time to go.

Maybe I can relax on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.