Nanny contestant #3 backed out on me. Said I wasn't paying enough. And I know I'm not, but minimum wage would be $1800 per month, not including overtime or the Independant School's tuition. There's no way I can afford that.
Contestant #2 is hesitant about the time. As is #1. I'm back to square one now.
Bugger.
I have also come down with a cold, so the girls are more than likely spending tomorrow here with me while I shuffle around trying to feed them periodically. Lovely. I need to be better for the weekend.
The water tap I bought for filtered water has nowhere to go - the sink's too big and the dishwasher takes up too much space. That goes back to the store ASAP, and I keep paying for bottled water (as our local stuff bites). The tap can't even take a filter on it as it's a pull-out tap.
Sailor's getting things ready for the ship's Crossing the Line Ceremony. It's shaping up to be a good one too. He should be home in about 40 days, give or take. Then he'll go again after 2 weeks for another 3 months. He leaves the day before Ray's recital. That ought to be fun to live through.
Godfather is taking Greta to daycare for me tomorrow. That's great. I might even take Ray into preschool once she wakes up if I'm feeling up to it and then I can have a day to rest up. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.
Now if only I could find someone who would like to watch the girls, doesn't mind long hours with low pay, and can keep up to a 2 1/2 year-old and her sister. Pipe dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.