Monday, January 4, 2010

Work and Play

Interesting Monday. Took me 30 minutes to catch up on work emails, then I got changed into my uniform.

I called a couple people back (turns out the woman at the play area we rented in December for the Kid's Christmas party is the wife of a bass player friend, who's band played our wedding reception! HA! Small world or what!?), and then gave a quick briefing to some new technicians at the Fleet School.

Then raced into town for a chiro visit. Okay, raced is a slight exaggeration: crawled painfully along in 2nd gear is more like it. There was construction from one end of town (where I started), all the way INTO town. And then four blocks later, there was a police roadblock for the funeral procession for Lt Nuttall, so I had to detour around that (not a big problem though) before arriving 15 minutes late.

After that, I had a splendid lunch with Sailor's 2nd cousin - a lovely girl! Haven't seen her in 8 years, since her mother's wedding. She loves the Island (as well she should), and she and her boyfriend leave tomorrow, driving home to Edmonton. Ick.

I returned to work for an hour or so, then drove around the gym's parking lot 4 times before someone else took the spot I was waiting for, and then went to my mandatory work-out session, where I sweated for my holiday sins. I left, got my friend V, showed her where Greta goes to preschool (for when Sailor's on duty next week, and she may end up picking up Ray from her school and dropping her at the preschool for our sitter, who, btw, is an ANGEL), and then dropped HER at home, and FINALLY came home.

So... up at 5, out the door around 6:35 (with Greta), home by 5pm. Long. Days.


Photo 1 is the view I have of my office while at my desk:

Yes, it's blue. Walls, ceiling - blue. Not my first choice, but I like blue, so I'm okay with it. The boxes you see are boxes of miniature statues, having to do with the Homecoming Statue Project. We sell the minis to people who want them ($135 a pop), and for this year only, are giving them away to retiring Naval members as a parting gift (as long as they have 20+ years in the "mob"). We've hired a decorator too, but she's starting downstairs first. The speaker in the corner is GREAT... too bad the air vent fan is RIGHT.ABOVE.MY.HEAD where I sit... so I hear pretty much nothing on the radio unless it's up to 11. Which means I can't hear the phone ring. And speaking of the phone... the 3 button is sticky, so dialing out sucks.




Photo 2 is of the girl's Christmas presents from their Godmother:

The mosaic box is for Ray, the Tinkerbell is for Greta. I did the front and one side of the box, with some help from Greta. She really understood the concept of which coloured piece goes on which numbered square. I was so impressed! Ray has done about 1/4 of the top so far. She's doing really well with it.

And yes, those are her slippers on the table. Greta's, not Tink's.





I forgot! Fantastic news! My cousin's wife (who may as well be MY cousin, we just love each other to bits), had signed up about 4 or 5 years ago to sell Mary Kay under another lady. I told her that she should have signed up under me, as I was her consultant. Anyway, this other director led my cousin down a garden path, and she ended up getting into a LOT of debt (and because of other things too) over bad business advice. So, my cousin let her consultant-ship (?) lapse, and just today, resigned under ME! AND her friend is going to do the same thing this week! I'll have TWO consultants!! I need 24 to be a director, but I'm quite happy to have those two! And it doesn't matter they won't put in 'qualifying' orders - the first orders they put in will be activation orders, and that's just fine and dandy. It's so great to see my cousin start to earn money the proper Mary Kay way - this time around I'll be able to give her much better advice than this other lady did.

I also forgot to add this week's Flex (for those who are interested):

Mon: Work.
Tues: Greta to Daycare, work, tap class
Wed: Greta to Daycare, work, Mary Kay Glamour Class!
Thurs: Greta to Daycare, work.
Fri: Greta to Daycare, work.
Sat: Ray's dance class, groceries.
Sun: Church. laundry. finish packing.
Mon: Drop Greta to daycare, Ray onto bus, me to airport, Sailor back to the ship!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.