Sunday, January 3, 2010

Last Day Before RTW

n the military, most things can be shortened to an acronym. For example, RTW - Return to Work. FIGMO - F&ck it, Got My Orders (I'm outta here!). It makes for interesting reading, especially when you read something NOT from the military and put in their meanings.

So I'm back to work tomorrow, after 3 weeks off. The time has gone quickly. Greta goes back to her preschool, but Ray has one more week off, with her Dad, as he doesn't go back til the 11th. I have to iron a set of uniform clothes today. I wonder how long I'll be putting THAT off.

My suitcase is already open and receiving clothes. Sailor commented on it. I don't like to pack last minute - I ALWAYS forget something.
Never fails. To avoid that, I put in stuff early. The weather's pretty mild here, so I'll pack all my heavy sweaters for the trip. And the winter uniform stuff like snow boots, heavy coat, toque.

Today I have two pictures for my Photo365:
Photo 1 is of the church I attend on a pretty regular basis. It's a little Anglican church, St John The Baptist. They have a new website if you're interested in checking

It's a sweet church, very loving people. The rector is a huge U2 fan, and his wife is an amazing teacher who runs a very successful grief course. I took it and it really helped me deal with my father's passing.









Photo 2 is of the poinsettias that were purchased over the Christmas/ Advent season. The church does this each year, where parishioners can purchase a plant (or two, or four) and have it decorate the altar area over the season. These are just a few of the beautiful plants, more were in the back. We purchase d two this year: one in memory of Sailor's father and my father, and one in memory of my Aunt who passed away this year and her husband who passed away about 4 years ago. We purchase Easter lilies at Easter. The tapestry in the back was done by a lady in Alberta who had done one to celebrate the marriage of our Rector and his wife. His wife thought it'd be nice if parishioners got together to purchase more tapestries celebrating the church year. Together with another couple or two, we bought part of the Easter tapestry and the baptismal tapestry. Looking at the photo now... it looked better composed in my head.

It's great to see so many Project 365 blogs! It's a great way to peek into people's lives unobtrusively I think.




2 comments:

  1. Love Poinsettias. My mom gets one every Christmas. I should start doing the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. We used to attend the Anglican church near our home until we got a new priest who decided the church should be catholic, not Anglican.

    ReplyDelete

Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.