Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I Love A Parade

Well, Ray's on her way. She's at about 85% today, and should be fine tomorrow. She's still a little tired, but other than that, she's good.

Greta went in to her daycare today and had a great day, from all reports.

Tomorrow I'm on parade. It starts at about 7:40 or so. Finding parking will be very difficult no doubt. So, in order to actually make it on time, I'm trying something new.

At 5:45, I'll wake up the girls (15 minutes earlier than usual) and hopefully we'll be in the car leaving at 6:00. I then drop Ray off at her Godmother's house at 6:15 and book it to Victoria with Greta, to make sure she can walk through the doors at daycare at 7:00 on the button. I wish it would open five minutes earlier, but that's a battle we have never won.

So, with any luck, I'll hit easy-going traffic at 7:05 and be able to make it to base by 7:30.

Of course, it's supposed to snow overnight. And Thursday is notorious for heavy traffic. Unless it's snowed, in which case it'll be light, but slow.

I'm going in in uniform. Lunches are ready to go (just gotta load the yogurt and cottage cheese up). Car seats are in the Pathfinder (because God knows, if I kept them in the car, there'd be 3 inches of snow to get through). Alarm is set for 4:30.

Let's hope there's enough gas in the truck to get me to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.