My sister-in-law came by today with her friend from out of town. It was great! I took Ray to dance class (where she danced the whole.time!) and then we went to the grocery store afterwards. SIL stayed with Greta and when we got home, she was in dire need of a nap. Which she didn't take til half an hour prior to her usual getting up time.
Anywho, we had a great visit and I was able to make two batches of an applesauce coffee cake - one loaf for her and 12 muffins for me and the girls to share this week in our lunches. Turned out nicely. We had left-overs for supper and tomorrow we'll probably have a roast chicken or something.
Tomorrow is a go at my friend's place - her husband was nice enough to say, "bring the girls over", so I get to sit in the choir and sing. Then the girls and I are going to town for a visit at the MFRC's family info session. I hope there'll be other families there from up this way.
We're all booked in next weekend for hair trimming. The hairdresser and I have a deal - she does our hair, I give her Mary Kay in exchange. Works out great!
Thank goodness this is a short month and money is coming on Friday. We're cutting it close sometimes with all the price increases on food.
Next weekend, my SIL is coming back on Sunday. I'll be taking the truck and running stuff to the dump, stuff to the children's consignment store, and stuff to the recycle depot. YAY! I can get rid of junk that's lying around the basement. I'll also be making more cat food for Keeks. Raw food costs so much less than canned food. All told, it's about ninety cents per day, and super healthy for him too.
Speaking of which, Monday is recycle day, so I have lots of boxes to break down tomorrow and put out. The fire is going downstairs and once the girls are in bed, I'm heading to my own with a popcicle and the tv shows from the past week to catch up on.
Well, the young one is poopy, the big one is loud, and this one is tired. Gonna write to Sailor (he's now 3 hours behind us), and call it a night.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.