May's Hell Week is over. Ray and I had the technical rehearsal on Wednesday starting at 4. So Sailor got a ride to the theatre, picked up the car, and got Greta. Then he came to get us around 6:30.
On Thursday we had the dress rehearsal. This time, we met him at the theatre (we were a little late) and he came to get us around 7.
The dances were incredible! I didn't see anything of the first act (The Ugly Duckling), but the costumes were amazing. The second act was Around The World and the last group to go on were the senior girls with two boys, doing an East Indian dance, "Jai Ho". AMAZING. Simply stunning. My favourite I've seen so far. Ray's group did Little Grass Shack and they were so cute! Did great too - not one kid with stage fright!
Our group did our Can Can and the first night, the audience clapped along with the music which was completely unexpected! The afternoon crowd was silent for the most part, and Sailor couldn't get Greta to sit in the dark theatre, so they went home, got a flashlight, t
hen returned. They were inside in time to see Ray dance and I saw them standing to the left of the stage watching us dance. The whole way home, Greta kept saying, "nice dancing, Mummy!" SO cute. Saturday night's house was full, and they loved the show! We had a huge applause and lots of laughs. I screwed up a little bit, but I hope I covered it well enough. I guess I'll find out when the dvd comes in July.
They give out awards after the Saturday night performance, and I didn't see the screen well as I was to the side, but it seems that Ray came in the top three for her exams! Ray said she wasn't up there, but the sweet woman whose daughter received the ballet award said that Ray had a cute picture on the screen!
So now I have a purple lycra dress. It would
make a good Flamenco dress with a few more ruffles sewn on.
I even managed to finish my 3rd assignment for my Economics course too! Amazing. Now I need to tackle the Comms course, then try the Accounting assignment without crying.
Here's the pictures from the week:

1. Ray and her friends rolled
down this hill continuously for about 30 minutes. They had a blast! I used to love doing this.
2. The geese have the right-of-way on the Base. They start out as fluffy little chicks then seemingly overnight grow into larger goslings. They follow one parent while the other one brings up the rear. All vehicles must stop for them as they cross. It's not much of an inconvenience, unless, of course, you're in a hurry!
3. At the technical rehearsal, we were able to watch most of the dancers. This girl is in Grade 12 and will be going to UVic in the fall. She did two shows, this one is Morocco. Absolutely stunning! She can dance up a storm, too!
4. These are our skirts, how they flow and swirl. And yes, that's really the colour purple they were! They were quite heavy and both of my underarm seams are split as it was a TIGHT fit to get into and out of. A couple times I thought I'd need the jaws of life to come extracate me!
Nevertheless, it was an experience, that's for sure!
For some reason, the Blog is cutting off parts of my photos. I'll try to work on this.
This week's flex:
Sunday: Church (if I can tear away from the computer and go shower! Thankfully it's a 10am service!). Then groceries and housework. So glamourous!
Monday: We're putting Greta into Preschool, but taking Ray onto Sailor's ship for a surprise! It's Day Sail day and we're going out for the day. She's going to lose her mind.
Tuesday: Work for me and Sailor, school for the girls. That night I'm supposed to go to one of the dancer's homes for a spaghetti supper. I have a chiro appointment, then the designer for the Mess is dropping off her design package to us! Then we just wait for CE to appoint a project manager... then we can start getting our mess redone!
Wednesday: Work for Sailor, school for the girls. I'm off for Academic Advancement. I'll read to Ray, then spend the forenoon at the beach with Greta. Then the afternoon will be spent buried in books before getting Ray from school. I think I'll drop off some books at the store too.
Thursday: Work for me and Sailor, school for the girls. I have rehearsal with the Naden Band today for our concert in June! Wheeeee!
Friday: Work for me and Sailor, school for the girls. Ray's out early today. I have a lunch date with a retired Admiral who is one of the sweetest men I've ever met. I was so honoured to have worked with him on the Homecoming Statue project.
Saturday: NO DANCE! WooT! We have a tea at Ray's school and a goodbye-lunch to the Head who is moving on. She was wonderful. A nice, fun, relaxing day.
Sunday: Sailor and I are getting limo'd to the ZZTop concert! We know the limo guy and he's going, so we're hopping in! $25 there and back. Cheaper than the gas and parking it would cost us if we went alone, not to mention the least stressful trip EVER! Wheeee! I haven't been in a limo since before my wedding!
Hope you have a wonderful week.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.