
1. The lifejacket Ray needed to wear for swim lessons at the school.

2. Face-painting at the Eco Fair at a local French immersion school. Took a long time to get all that off her face!



3. Pretty flowers on the table at Ray's school. It was a going-away tea for their Head.
4. A bald eagle in the tree. Spotted from the Walmat garden centre at the north end of town. He was being harassed by some hawks or ravens.
5. My shoe-storage solution. Won't be like this for long though.
This week's flex:
Sunday: ZZTop concert! I won tickets to the local radio station's box, so gave away our tickets (which were in the posh seats anyway) to our friends as a thank-you for driving Ray in to school and picking her up. We're hitching a ride with friends... who happen to own a limo service! WooT! $25 for round trip, door to door transportation. Free drinks in the box and we don't have to worry about driving home! Wide Mouth Mason is opening. This is gonna be FUN! And totally ruin any other way of seeing a concert for me.
Monday: Sailor is duty, so after work, the girls and I are having a quiet night.
Tuesday: Work and school for us all. I have an Executive meeting and then a dental cleaning.
Wednesday: Sailor works, girls go to school, and I have three assignments to get through. I'm spending 2 hours in the hair chair too, missing out on Greta's beach day (postponed due to lousy weather last week). That afternoon I'm picking up some MK for a customer and then Ray from school. Then we're going to a local farm that we're buying shares in for the summer to drop off our cheques.
Thursday: Work and school for us all. That night I'm hosting a Meet & Greet at the Club for 200 foreign sailors and 200 Canadian sailors!!! EEEKS!
Friday: Work and school for us all. I'm going to try to go with Ray to the beach for HER beach day (and bring Greta with me too) if I'm off. That night we are hosting spouses and members (and any foreign sailors that are off their ships) at the Club for a band and then fireworks at 10pm. Another late night. Sailor is overnight on the ship.
Saturday: Fleet Review Day!! The Governor General is reviewing our fleet and the visiting ships. The Skyhawks are dropping in to start, then the Snowbirds are flying over to end it. The Club is inviting all their families and friends down to watch with a bbq and magician on hand. That night, there's the Navy Rocks concert in town, and the Club is showing UFC 115 for those interested. I'm staying home!!
Sunday: After the sports tabloid earlier in the day, we're holding a small party with a band playing for three hours and I get to sing a couple songs at the end. I might need a sitter...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.