Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Week that Was

At least it's over. This week is going to be even busier what with the Freedom of the City Parade and all.

I started my economics course and finished the first assignment. I was in the middle of my first accounting assignment and the program froze. Bah. I can't get onto the website to access my third course yet. I think I'll be able to next week as it officially starts then.

Yesterday we went to a nursery and picked out some seedlings to plant in containers (which is what I need to do after I sign off of here). We bought cauliflower, four types of tomatoes, cabbage, cukes, zucchini, hanging strawberries and salad greens in a giant pot. We bought a lavender for the front garden too. At Walmart we bought a white and a yellow hanging flower pots for the front of the house. Once everything's planted I'll take photos. The weather is threatening rain, but so far it's just windy and grey. If the computer's going to freeze anyway, may as well be productive outside.

Here's three photos from the week. The others are still on camera.

Greta taking her first nap in the afternoon in nearly a year. Daddy's chair is very comfy.

































This is a cute potato that we ate last week. I heart you too!
























Kee Kee climbing on board for a nap while I did some work on the computer.






















This week's flex:
Sunday: gardening, accounting homework, lazying around the house. Ironing too.

Monday: School for the girls. Sailor at work. At my work, I have a meeting to get through with the Executive and finalize plans for Tuesday.

Tuesday: School for the girls. Sailor and I have devised a plan to meet our needs... I hope. We're going in at 7:30 as usual, but I'm taking the Club's van. Then he's following me to downtown, where I'll park the van near to the Grand Pacific Hotel. Then I'll hop in the car and we'll go to the parade muster area (by 8:30 we hope) and park. We muster for parade and then march through the city. This takes us to 11am. At 12 we attend the unveiling of the Homecoming Statue and the after-party at the GPH. At 3:00 (or before), we take the van and go get the car. Sailor then goes up to get the girls and I return to the Club. I do my PMC-ly duties for the Open Messing (changed into a different order of dress, of course) and he gives the girls supper. At 7pm, he is relieved by our lovely neighbour A, who will watch the girls for us while he comes down to pick me up from the Club. Busy day!! No dancing for me!

Wednesday: School for the girls and Sailor goes back to work. I am on Academic Advancement Leave every Wednesday in May and June! This particular day, Ray has swimming from 10-11, so I'm going to join her at the pool as a chaperone, and then I have a pedicure and brow wax at the local spa! Once that's done, it'll be time for me to go back to get Ray from school, pick up Greta and make dinner.

Thursday: School for girls, work for me and Sailor.

Friday: School for girls, work for me and Sailor. I think I have a meeting to attend too.

Saturday: Dance for Ray and Sailor and I are attending Ray's school's annual fund-raising Gala. I'm getting my hair done and leaving right afterward! We hope to be back by 9pm.

Sunday: Happy Mother's Day. To celebrate, Sailor is DUTY on the ship for 24 hours (typical), and so the girls and I are going to church then I have a costume fitting at a seamstress's house for two hours in the afternoon. Just what I wanted.

1 comment:

Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.