Sunday, February 7, 2010

I'm Really Getting To Know Toronto Now!

What an exciting weekend it's been.

First, let's catch up to Thursday.

Bleachers - the popular all-ranks club on the base. Thursday nights are karaoke nights, so I've taken to wandering over and singing. It's nice to practice new songs in relative anonymity.










Friday: Into Toronto I go and first stop: the ROM. VERY cool stuff all through there. Things I'd only seen in my text books, right in front of me. Absolutely amazing.












Saturday: Minus 17 weather left a visit through China town out of the question, so instead, we went up to Rahier, an incredible Belgian bakery, where I purchased some carbs for the baby shower. Then of course, I had to hit the Mary Kay warehouse before driving back the way I came for the shower. It was so great to see friends again, and to meet new ones. Lots of fun, lots of great food too. In between the Warehouse and the Shower, I tripped and hurt the top of my foot (no swollen ankle, thankfully) so I spent the evening in the house with an ice pack.




Sunday: First, another visit to Rahier. The pastries and cakes and sweets... good thing this store is so far away from where I live.











Then, off to the Raptor's game with Uncle, Auntie and new 3rd Cousin. So much fun and great conversation. We went to Uncle's condo afterward, overlooking Toronto Island. There were tons of people skating on the outdoor rink nearby.




















After that, I headed back to Chez-D for dinner and snuggles with children before heading back to the shacks.

It's been so wonderful hanging out, visiting people. This week's flex:

Mon: School (Administer Accounts). Hanging out here.
Tues: School (Pt, Written Test, Flow of Materiel). Book Club meeting at V's place to meet more of the girls.
Wed: School (Guest lectures all day). Hanging out here.
Thurs: School (Pt, Weapon's storage, Syndicate work). Karaoke.
Fri: School (Syndicate work). Rent a car. Maybe singing in Mississauga with a friend.
Sat: Maybe Toronto visiting new Cousin. Maybe not.

The girls are getting bigger and changing while I'm gone. I miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.