When I arrived in Victoria, as I was approaching the security doors, the girls saw me, and Greta made a dash for the doors! She ran right under the barrier and through the doors to my arms. Ray was right behind her. Sailor did nothing to stop them, and I thought the Commissionaire was going to lose his mind. I apologized a few times, and brought them out directly. There I was, Greta in one arm, a backpack on, my heavy tote, and Ray glommed onto my legs coming through the doors. Quite a sight!
Greta's chatting up a storm now! So much more than when I left. I'm still in shock how much she talks now. Ray has grown at least two inches!
The stack of mail took me over an hour to sort through. The laundry hamper is over-flowing. I couldn't stay awake after 7:48!
Friday, we dropped Greta off at daycare and picked up Ray's friend A to take them to school. I paid Greta's registration fee for JK next year and we took Sailor to the ship as their schedule got changed and he had to be on the ship by 1330. I left Base at 9:10 and made it to my hair appointment in time to get a nice latte. Then the cell rang: Sailor wasn't sailing! The trip was cancelled! He's home for two weeks now! Thing is, I was in the hair chair for 2 hours then had a lunch meeting at 1230. He'd have to wait.
So I got my hair done (looks fab. Didn't take a photo though), had a very successful meeting with my teaching partner and the community coordinator for the course we're teaching this summer (now all we need are students!), and then drove back down to get Sailor. We then turned right around and headed up to get Ray from school, but I had to stop into the credit union to deposit my first commission cheque from MK (I have two recruits - just one more for a 'red jacket' at career conference!), and then while I was there, I took out an RSP loan. That put us back 10 minutes.
We managed to get Ray without paying for After School Care ($8 a shot!) and picked up Greta. I'm just so glad to be home, with Sailor home for another couple weeks...
So here's the photos to play catch-up:
My piles of bags waiting to go. Chez-D picked me up and we hit H&M before her hubby drove me to my buddy's place. The gift bag was for her - had some travel mugs in there that I gave to her.This is from
over northern Manitoba. The frost and snow made such a beautiful landscape.This is the sight that greeted me at home:
The girls and Sailor had decorated the front hallway with streamers and balloons to welcome me home! It was so sweet and such a nice surprise.These are some tulips that Ray chose for
me and they were on the kitchen table when I got home. The
crocuses are blossoming in the back yard now. Ray took this photo.This week's flex:
Sat: Dance, groceries, library, laundry.
Sun: Church, laundry, ironing.
Mon: Work.
Tue: Work, tap class.
Wed: Work, Nooma course at Church.
Thu: Work.
Fri: Work. Pay bills.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.