It's Saturday night. It's 23 degrees in my bedroom, and that's with the shade drawn all day to keep the sun out. So I have the AC in the window to keep me cool. But, it's late, so I've turned off the turbo fan and am listening to the hum of my new laptop (which is what I'm writing this on tonight! WooT!), and the giggles, laughter, and WHOOOP from our neighbours.
So my choices are: take out the AC vent thingys and close the window. PRO: no more (or muffled) Whoop-De-Doos. CON: Hot. Hot. Hot. Hot.
OR
Leave the AC vent thingys in the windows and run the fan again. PRO: the noise will cancel out the yahoos in the back 40 and it'll be cold in here. CON: I'd have to run it all night, I wouldn't hear if the kids are in trouble, and it takes up a lot of energy.
What to do... what to DO!?
I'll give it 10 minutes. If it's still going on at 11:30, then I'm turning the fan on. I have thick blankets and can sleep through the noise of the fan if I need to.
So tomorrow is A&H's annual country party at their place. REALLY looking forward to going and seeing everyone I haven't seen in a year. The girls are going to keep me busy though - no sitting on my laurels this year. Sailor won't be there watching them and making sure they don't klonk themselves on the head. SIL can't come - maybe. Friends I invited aren't coming either, bummer. Still gotta make some potato salad and think of something for the 'table'.
Today we went to see the Lippizzaners in town. I thought it started at 2:30. Nope. 2:00. We were 30 minutes late (I suck). Greta started crying when she saw the horses, but soon settled in enough to wander towards the ring between acts. Ray sat there with her fingers in her ears nearly the whole time. So classy.
This week's flex:
Sun: Church, laundry, party
Mon: BUSY day at work plus mess meeting.
Tue: prep for Merritt - dry cleaning, tidy, hair appt, meetings maybe, try to make some spaghetti sauce and jar it too. Hopefully my friend A will be over that night to get a head start on things. I have to arrange pick-up with my partner in crime for the drive. I have tons of packing to do too.
Wed: drive to Merritt
Thurs: Meeting at 0900 to find out the schedule. According to a rumour, the promoter might get me a backstage pass because he found out I'm a country musician!! WHEEEEEEEE!
Fri: do navy things. sing.
Sat: more of that.
Sun: still more of that (what a hard life).
Mon: come home.
Sailor called on Friday night while I was at my Mary Kay awards night dinner. He's going to try again. He's hanging out with my mum on Sunday. I'd be interested to hear how that goes.
The guy who was supposed to pick up my slide on Friday didn't. Piss me off. I did get the glass panels though, finally. Made me late to get the girls on Thursday, but at least we have them now.
Well, I have to shut this thing down and go to bed. The girls still get up early on weekends.
And... it's quiet outside! YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.