I took Friday off, but didn't go up to Quadra (his timings were changed). Instead, I ran errands while the girls were at preschool. I managed to get a lot accomplished too! From the north end of one town, to the north end of another, including Costco and Canadian Tire!! An expensive, but productive day.
Sailor called on Friday night too and it was so great to hear his voice again! The girls weren't too chatty with him, but Greta did her best to talk to her dad and Ray was trying to show him a Barbie doll she has.
On Saturday, we got up early and did our grocery shopping. Then we went to a friend's consignment store where, for the price of a new two-wheeler at Canadian Tire, I managed to get:
~ a linen dress with little flowers on the skirt for Ray's birthday pictures
~ a Barbie colouring book for the girls
~ another floor puzzle for Greta
~ white fancy shoes for Ray
~ Cinderella Barbie and two outfits for her and her friends
~ and a two-wheeler with a helmet for Ray!!
Greta wore the helmet home and around the house for the next few hours.
Ray wants to surprise her dad and be riding the bike when he comes home in five weeks. I guess I need to figure out how to put those training wheels on!!
Then I went to Harry Potter's new movie (thanks to the soon-to-be-richest babysitter in the village). It was great! Another good one for the collection when it comes out on DVD.
Today we took the splash mat and some potato salad to my step-sister's place for a family bbq. We haven't seen the family in about a year or so. One step-sister is traveling to England to see their brother with my step-mum on Tuesday, so we took a family photo to send to him.
One of our assistant priests has asked me to lead the prayers of the people next week. I'm very excited. I get to write the prayers and he wants it to sound intimate, like I'm talking to friends around the kitchen table. I don't usually pray with friends around my kitchen table, but I guess I can fake it. Mostly. I'll be putting in more than just "bless the members of the Canadian Forces in Afghanistan and the crew of HMCS Winnipeg" too. I do need to follow a set route, but he doesn't want to take too long. I think no more than 10 minutes should do it. Ack! I'm excited and nervous... but also really honoured and happy. I just want to do well at this.
I've been carrying around a packet of salt lately. My feet seem to taste better with it. It seems that no matter who I talk to, my words come across condescending or rude, and that's not my intent. I think I need to zip it for a while until my synapses re-sychronize or something.
This week's flex:
Mon: work.
Tues: work.
Wed: work. I sense a trend.
Thurs: work.
Fri: work.
Sat: Ray's friend's birthday party at the local pool.
Sun: maybe a playdate with some of Greta's friends in the afternoon.
It's been beautiful weather. Too bad sailor's not here to enjoy it. Soon. Soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.