Sunday, April 5, 2009

Here Comes Peter Cottontail...

What a week it's been! On Thursday I found out that Greta will be able to attend preschool with her sister starting May 1st. No nanny yet, but this means ONE drop off and pick up for me, so YAY! Now I'm not in a rush for a nanny as Greta's staying there until at least the end of June.

Sailor told me his leave dates in May. It's two days shorter than I thought, but I guess they take into account travel time too. He'll be able to take Ray to her first rehearsal before he leaves.

I promised Ray that if she dances all three performances, I'd take her and Greta swimming three times. She seems to be all for it.

Turns out that Greta's favourite new song is "Folsom Prison" because it mentions the train coming! She says, "choo choo train comin'" and then I start singing it for her. She loves it. Even Ray asks for the song once in a while. My dad would have been so proud and happy. It makes me sad that he's not here for me to share that with. I could tell his brother or my step-mum, but they wouldn't 'get it' like he would.

We had pictures done at Sears today. I could NOT get them to pose together no matter what I tried. Ray would sit and Greta would blow up, or Greta would sit and Ray would dance around and act silly. So we ended up with photos of them seperately, as well as Ray in her dance costume. They're taking pictures of the kids in costume in three weeks at the studio. Turns out that's the day of a regatta at the college where the studio is, so we have to park outside of the grounds and walk in. Should prove to be interesting. I'll take the stroller.

Speaking of the stroller, we had great weather this weekend, so yesterday the girls wanted to go outside for a walk. We went outside and Greta ran to the basement calling, "stroller!", so HER idea of a walk was for her to sit in the stroller, with her sister sitting in front, and ME push them... hence the walking part. She did walk the last bit home though, so she got a bit of a walk in. I guess it tuckered her out playing yesterday afternoon because she slept in til 20 after 8 today!

Ray, on the other hand, waltzed into my room at 6:30 Saturday morning (after I'd been to the bar all night on Friday and didn't get to bed til 1:30), and at 6:53 this morning.

Tomorrow's going to be hell waking them up at 6. It always is.

So this week's flex is:
Monday - nothing. Gotta find some matzah meal.
Tuesday - grief support group, J babysits. Greta has her appointment with the ENT that morning to see if there's something wrong with her hearing.
Wednesday - nothing.
Thursday - daycare closes early, so I pick up Greta and will make the leg of lamb and some popovers and a dessert for the church's Seder Supper that night.
Friday - cleaners come in the morning, so we put everything off the counters and floors and we'll aim for a park if the weather's nice. If not, we'll go grocery shopping.
Saturday - dance class! Maybe supper at friends.
Sunday - EASTER!! Church, egg hunt at home and church, supper at Gramma's.
Monday - maybe supper at friend's.

Time to put Ray to bed. I won't be far behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.