Friday, April 17, 2009

End Of An Era

Today was my last day at BLog. I received my out-routine sheet, and the 'in' signatures were from '02! LONG time at the same place. Granted, I'd had two kids, and therefore two years of maternity leave, but nevertheless...

I also had my interview with my new boss. Who, in the chain of command, isn't my direct boss, and that's probably a good thing. We're both very passionate about what we believe in, and we're both knowledgeable about our strengths. However he's a tough audience, and I think he's run on logic. Which is fine - my dad was a Taurus. I had to write a 3 page logical argument about why I should be allowed to go to a movie one time. I have had lots of practice convincing people to see things my way.

Which is to say... I was essentially told to go stuff it in regards to asking for reimbursement for babysitting services while my husband's on deployment. So. I'll keep working at it.

Maybe the MFRC has a fund for this, I dunno. They have respite babysitting services, as well as free once a week daycare, however the times they have set up don't really help me out. The daycare is set up for weekdays (I work and the girls are in care already), and the respite care is for 3 hours on a Saturday morning. In order to use it, I'd need to burn gas there, tool around Victoria to do whatever, and then drive back. I'll think about it, but it's really not worth my money, especially if I'm spending a tank of gas and babysitting costs at least once a month for the mess without reimbursement.

I'm sure I'm the first one to ask for this. Doesn't mean it can't be done, but it does need to be accomplished in an above board manner. I don't think I'm asking for the moon, but I'll talk to the mess manager on Monday and see if something can be arranged.

The section I just left is going to have a going-away lunch for me in May. It was originally at a pub, but I find this specific pub really over-priced for what you get. So we've moved it to a less expensive Chinese Buffet place that real Chinese afficianados don't like. Oh well, it's close and the food is edible at least.

We played Bouncy Ball dogeball for PT this morning. Things were going well (only two nails broken), when near the end, I fended off the ball and gave my thumb a slight sprain. Not enough to swell up and bruise, just enough to be annoying whenever used for driving or typing or washing the kids or doing the dishes...

We're going up to see my Step Mom tomorrow. It was her birthday over the week, so we're bringing some of Ray's paintings and taking her for lunch. Sunday is a birthday party for two of Ray's classmates. In between all this driving and visiting, I have to go grocery shopping and do our laundry.

So at 0830 on Monday I meet up with the Chief and we go over to the mess to start my new job. I'm nervous. I'm excited. I'm resigned to fighting.

I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.