Four day weekends are great - if you're without kids. With kids, it's almost half a day too long sometimes. Especially if chocolate is involved. The girls now have enough chocolate to last them til Hallowe'en. Until Sailor comes home. Then it might last til he's due to go back.
At any rate, they had a blast getting chocolate and books and clothes from Aunty, Cousin, and Grandma. Dinner was spectacular for two reasons: I didn't make it, and my Mother-In-Law is a great cook. Greta sat on Aunty's knee and gobbled down a plate of food, and Ray devoured half a turkey. The triptophan (?) didn't work on them though, and they ran around the apartment for 30 minutes, bothering the downstairs neighbour. She came upstairs with a bottle of something-something just as we were leaving. Smart neighbour.
And now we're back to the grind: Ray in preschool and Greta at daycare, just til month's end. I start my new position on Monday and so with only three days left to get my affairs in order, I've been loaded onto a conference/course for two of those days. Nice. On Friday I'm seeing my new boss with my huge list of questions, not the least of which is, "If I have to work an official event at night, will the mess pay me $50 for babysitting costs?" Let's see how well that goes over.
Sailor's going to try to call us again this week, but I hope he calls his mum first. She'd like that.
He'll be home in 20-some days. YAY! We're all looking forward to that. We miss him a lot. The phone calls were great, but it really confused Greta that he wasn't on the phone when I was talking to other people. She would take her pretend phone and talk to her Dad while playing. So cute.
I need to take the car into a detail shop before Sailor comes home. There's bunny crackers all over the back and various empty bags of snacks... pretty bad.
This week is PMS week. Thank goodness there's lots of chocolate in the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.