For a Monday, it started out as craptacular as usual; as I was walking out of FMF for what was probably my last (or close to it) time, some unknown P2 yelled at me to get rid of my gum. He needs a hobby.
Then I got to spend 2-ish hours trailing my Chief around the mess with the bar manager, pointing out all the things that need to be done to the building, should be done to the building, and why they're not being done to the building. Although my enthusiasm was appreciated (his words), I apparently know nothing and will never get anything accomplished. Yeah... whatever. Let me do my thing, wouldja? Maybe I'll surprise you. After all, I know a hell of a lot of people on the base, so maybe, just MAYBE I can get something done in the two years I have here.
I had a great chat with the mess manager and we've worked out a system (all totally legal, no worries) for my monthly babysitting costs. I'm very happy with that. I found out that I get a staff discount (50%!!) on my meals. If I'm to keep my new-found shape, I'll have to forget that tidbit, and keep brown-bagging my lunches.
I sold some Mary Kay to one of my co-workers. Huzzah! She also wants to have some friends over for a facial class. We're working on timings.
I managed to get a lot accomplished today and felt really good about my first day, even though I was really nervous leading up to it. I think I can do some good there - a lot of my ideas were met with positive vibes, and I got some more great ideas in exchange.
Then, during supper, we received a phone call from Sailor. He was just off watch, and sounded much more alert than he did the other day. He laughed when I told him about Ray and her comments in the bathroom, and Greta managed to talk a little to her Dad, which I know made him feel really good. He also told me that he'll either have money with him when he comes home in 3-ish weeks, or it'll be directly deposited upon his return when he leaves. YAY!
So the girls got scrubbed and sang to and cuddled and smooched. Then I checked my email. My accountant told me how much the refund we're both getting will be.
If you heard a 'clonk!' around 8pm PST, that was me falling into a dead faint on the floor. It's not enough to clear our debt, but it's enough, along with Sailor's extra money, to pay back accounts that we've been borrowing from, clear one or two things, AND still have a little left over for the overdraft.
All in all, Mondays are pretty good to me.
Tuesdays on the other hand... usually suck.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.