Got a phone call from Sailor tonight! First time we've heard his voice in over a month! Of course, the girls were running around like little animals, screaming and letting off steam, and supper was being made. Perfect timing.
I put him on speaker phone and we had a nice conversation over supper. Nearly like he was here... only I didn't have to clean up afterward. Just kidding. Mostly.
Anyway we had a nice talk about this and that and it was really nice. Greta managed to say good night and good bye to her dad a couple Ray did too... and then ran off all excited. She's more excited about seeing the video of dolphins Sailor told us about last week than about seeing her dad, I think.
Ray is hesitant about dancing the whole routine. I was pretty much told today, that if she didn't dance the whole routine (and it's only 5 minutes or less), then she wouldn't be in the show. I can understand their point of view, but honestly... I've paid my money too, just like every other parent, and my kid should be up on stage doing whatever the hell she wants just like every other kid. She's 4... not 14. And as I've said before, arguing with her is like trying to reason with a drunk. We'll see if she'll dance or not, but it won't be until the rehearsal that we'll know if she's to go on stage or not.
She's spent the afternoon in underwear and socks, as she waited too long to go pee and wet her clothes. I brought her a change, but she's decided she's good in nothing solid.
Greta's had a good day too. Every day she amazes me with more words.
Next weekend is a no-dance weekend, so we're going to see my step-mum for a few hours. We'll see how well that goes.
Tomorrow is dinner with my mother-in-law. We'll see how well THAT goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.