Saturday, December 11, 2010

December at last!

I have photos. They're on the card. I'll upload a whack of them soon. Promise. First, I have two assignments to do, work to finish, business stuff to get through... oh,,, and Christmas!

We have no tree. No presents wrapped. No decorations up. No baking done. I'm so far behind this year, it's silly. I did buy phase 1 of gifts for the girls and Sailor, but still have to venture out again after the 15th to finish off the little things for the girls and get Sailor's trigger lock.

The Forest Museum yesterday was great! A lot has changed in 30 years, that's for sure. I think I'll try to find the time to bring the girls there when we're all off for a Christmas train run, and then bring them out in the summer a few times too.

Sailor is super sick. We've both been fighting this cold, but he got hit REALLY bad and is still functional. Tonight is his Christmas present - a concert by Dick and Jimmy Dale (of Misourlu fame), so he's saving the last two Advils for the show so he can enjoy it without hacking up a lung. We have two tickets that we bought for friends who can't make it, so we're trying to get rid of them, but it's not working so far. My cousin just facebooked me and might be able to make it, so that will be nice.

I managed to whiten Ray's school shirts after pinking them in the wash. Thank goodness for a soak in Javex.

Today we're busy. The girls had dance and then after lunch we're going to the Mess's Kid's Christmas party from 2-4 at Playzone. I have all the santa gifts in the trunk, and some guy off the Calgary is going to play Santa for us. Which is nice and all, but we're not the Calgary's mess... whatever.

Then tomorrow after church we have a birthday party to go to. THEN we can search for a tree and start decorating the house.

This week's flex:
Mon: school and work. My last dance lesson of 2010. (Ballet, that is)
Tue: school and work.
Wed: Breakfast with Santa at school and then I'll go to work. Pay day!
Thu: school and work. Chiro, meetings perhaps.
Fri: school is out at 11:30. That night is our friend's birthday party.
Sat: the girls' last dance class of 2010. Then we've been invited to a friend's open house that night, so we'll see what we can do.
Sun: church and then the girls are going over to a friend's to make gingerbread houses!

Somewhere in there I have to fit in decorating, assignments, business stuff, and baking. Oh, and cleaning the house too. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.