I have until the 8th of July to get my out-routine finished. I return my clothes on the 24th of January. I have two interviews with financial and insurance that week too. I still have to book my medical (sometime in May) and my dental cleaning (June probably). And then I'm done. Finished.
I get my whole month's pay on the 8th and then starting August, I'll be at 75% pay for 24 months. I'll receive a small pension on the 20th of each month, and whatever I manage to make from the business. I'm going to have to change a lot of bill payments.
Sailor will bring me on as his dependent for medical and dental, but I still need a BC Health Card and a local doctor and dentist. People I haven't needed for 14 years.
I have asked for the whole enchilada for my retirement party (whenever that may be): the 25 year letter from the PM (due to my Res Force service), the letter from the Premier, a Canada Flag from the Algonquin, a framed and named print from the Mess. I'm a little worried because the people in charge of my retirement are not those of my trade - they're busy, stewards, and not even my branch. I'll put a bug in my supervisor's ear about maybe passing it onto someone down the hill. I've already had a few people asking when they can say good bye to me, so I suppose a party will be in order.
Thing is, it has to be a Monday or Tuesday because I work the rest of the week.
I'm terrified. This is all I've known for a long, long time. But I know it's time to move on and use my many gifts to my family's benefit, not to the Organization's.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.