Friday, September 3, 2010

Time keeps on tickin'....

Ray starts school on Thursday. Greta follows the next week. I had to take time off work to account for the difference between preschool not taking them and school starting. I brought work home with me, though, and I have two courses to start to keep me busy.

I've been purging since Sailor has left. So far, I've done the dining room (not that it's noticeable, but I know it's done), the linen closet (ditto), and the 'office' portion of the living room. Since I made room in the linen closet, I could move the MK stuff up there, and the text books into the spare room (because I moved hardcover books off the bookshelf in there). The scrapbooking stuff has also gone into the spare room until I can figure out where my scrapbooking stuff is going to live full-time. So now one shelf is tidy, the top of the large shelf is clear (I still have to go through magazines and recipe books), and I've actually done all the filing today too! 6 months worth...!

Then, I went through the entertainment centre and culled the videos and some dvds too. This opened up space on the shelves to move the kids ones around a little and make it look less crowded.

Next up, the rest of the kitchen - I removed some vases already and the baker's rack looks less crowded. Next up - shelves, cupboards, and recipe books. Those are going to be hard to let go of.

Some pictures, I suppose, eh?

Went to a wedding last weekend. They had a wicked sweet table.




I haven't taken a photo since. I suck. I've wanted to. I've planned to... and then life hit and I haven't had a chance to.

I'll start up again tomorrow.

This week's flex:
Sat: return slippers to Walmart (they were a hassle to get in the first place, so this ought to be fun), meet with a prospective employee. Hope the girls get to hang with their friends instead of with me.

Sun: Church.

Mon: I was thinking of taking them to the Forest Museum. We'll see how the weather behaves before deciding.

Tues: I have to go into town and pick up tickets for work, so the girls are coming with me. I'll drop the tickets, answer some emails, then we'll head back home.

Wed: I have to go BACK into town to get the girls' uniforms from the tailor shop. The smallest blazer the Unicycler had was 4 sizes too big, so I asked the tailor to take it in as much as possible. The woman who is doing the job was rude and kept saying, "50 dollars... maybe more!" when I was talking to her boss about it. Skank. Whatever, it's STILL cheaper than paying $185 for a new one.

Thurs: Ray starts grade 1!! I'll for sure take pictures of THAT!

Fri: Greta gets to hang at her old preschool for the day because she really misses one of the teachers. Ray has her second day of grade 1. That night I have a fund-raiser to go to for a friend with a brain tumour.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.