Sunday, September 12, 2010

September Morn

Ray was over the moon to start school again. She loved it! The teacher was super nice and had all the kids wave and say goodbye to us.

This was a momentous day for another reason too. Greta decided, after 9 months of regression, to start going to the bathroom in a toilet instead of in her pull-up. All day, from start til finish, she ran to the toilet and in the afternoon, when we picked her sister up, she even went into the toilet, locked the door, pulled off her bodysuit and tights, and then put them back on when she was done! I nearly sobbed, I was so happy.

Now we just have to work on #2.

The tailoring bill came to $89 for the blazer, a green school dress for Greta (hem) and hemming Ray's other uniform dress. The sleeves were STILL too long, so I ended up doing them myself, and I got a bag of buttons for the blazer, seeing as how Greta hid the one I had.

I have finished two assignments
from Math (83% on the first one!) and I'm in the middle of the first Retail Marketing one. The third course I wanted has gone up to over $850 including materials, but NOT including an extra $30 for a mandatory e-book, so I'm going to find another course to take instead.

Tomorrow is mine and Sailor
's 8th Anniversary. It'll be our 4th without both of us at home. I'm going to a local pub to celebrate with some girlfriends anyway, as I've found a sitter for a couple of hours.

The fund-raiser on Friday was great. I won the first raffle draw and picked a $50 gift card to the local CB&W store. Then I won the second-to last draw and got a $20 gift certificate to a local pizza place. Perfection! A great time was had by all, and we raised a lot of money for our friend. I even got to sing a song before I had to leave.

I've just finished making a raspberry dream cake and some marshmallow fondant. Seems Greta wants a Buzz Lightyear cake, so I'm practicing doing something else. I just have no idea what else to do - don't know what to put between layers, or the design over it. I've asked around for some ideas.

Yesterday I got to sing at a friend's birthday party - Beatles medley and "Hit The Road Jack". Then I went to another friend's party and we hung out fo
r a while then went home.

This week's Flex:
Mon: Greta to JK for an hour. Ray has day 3 of Grade 1!! I'm going to make a chocolate zucchini loaf and a wacky cake for the Saturday festival at the church. Going out to celebrate my 8th wedding anniversary with some of the girls. Early night back though.
Tue: The girls take the bus into school and I'm back to work. That night we're babysitting for a friend and they're staying the night.
Wed: Off for academic leave. Girls to school, then more baking (banana loaves probably), the car into the shop, the fireplace is getting maintained, meeting with the seamstress who answered my ad, oh, and some homework. Then getting the girls, picking up our veggies from the farm.
Thu: work and girls on the bus.
Fri: work, friend N is driving the girls in for me, and with luck I can get off work at 2 to get them.
Sat: First day of ballet. Ray is whining that she doesn't want to dance this year, but tough shit, she's going. Greta starts Musical Movement. Then we're to the Church's Festival where I'm singing for 30 minutes (guess I gotta practice this week too, eh?), then we're going home to our usual weekend stuff: laundry, groceries, etc etc.

And now onto the pictures:

Day 1 of Grade 1:


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.