Sunday, May 17, 2009

Long Weekend Too Long

It's strange. I love my kids, love the idea of my kids, and love spending time with my kids. But I don't love spending every second of our waking moments together. This is why I would suck as a SAHM (stay at home mum). I was ready to drink a case of beer by 3pm yesterday, and I had no beer.

I also had no babysitter, thanks to her forgetting that I was to go to the 1/2 Way Through the Deployment Party last night. She called at 9:25pm apologizing and saying how she totally forgot. Bah. I ate chocolate cake and caught up on my shows I'd taped through the week. I was pretty choked for an hour though.

I hope everyone had fun. I'm sure they did.

I managed to get some homework done today while Greta was napping. That's always a plus.

Church was great and one of the boys from Preschool showed up with his Mum, so they're coming over tomorrow for a play date with the girls. Maybe we can get Ray's best friend over here too for a while.

I found out the Musical Ride is coming into town in August, so I'm going to pick up a ticket. The girls will get in free and I think they'll love it!

Heard from Sailor today via phone. He called right when I was muckin' out Greta's diaper and putting her down for a nap. Ray, of course, didn't say a word to her Dad, but then proceeded to cry off and on for an hour that she misses her Dad.

He's doing well and they're pulling into a port for two or three days tomorrow. He's duty, then going on a half day tour, then duty again. That's okay though - at least they're not STILL at sea.

There's one snowflake left in hell, but nothing's written in mud yet. Father's Day might be a good holiday for the girls after all. Then again, it might not be. Either way, we're going to the St Jean Baptiste party the mess is throwing that afternoon. The day before is a visit to a local park.

This week's flex:
Mon: holiday! Play date with a friend or two. Laundry.
Tue: I sign my PER (assessment), and off at noon. I'm going to go to town to get the Musical Ride ticket and if I have time, pick something up from the consignment store for the girls, then Greta goes to N's house while Ray goes to rehearsal at 3pm. Late night.
Wed: I meet the Admiral, then an executive committee meeting. Normal night for the girls. I'll try to run some laundry through just in case I don't have time on the weekend.
Thurs: Lunch date with the Base Commander and others on the Centennial Statue Committee. Then I'm bookin' it back here to get Ray for her dress rehearsal. Greta has dinner with N again. Another late night.
Fri: FINALLY a normal work day. Ray's first performance tonight. Neighbour is to sit Greta while we're at the theatre. VERY late night for Ray.
Sat: Step-Mum is coming, along with one of Greta's Godmothers and my best friend to watch Ray dance. First though, Step-Mum, me and the girls are going to the Apple Pie Fair. Then the 2:30 performance. Then a 7:30 performance where neighbour is going to watch Greta again.
Sun: Church. Then laundry. I'll try to get some done throughout the week to keep the need down.

Busy busy busy days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.