Speaking of next week, I have something every day next week, except Friday! (see the flex).
We're booked into a resort for 4 days in July up in Qualicum Beach. Tigh-Na-Mara was $275 a night (GARG!), and we originally booked a 2BR condo at this place we're at, but they called and said it wasn't available (SO FIX THE WEBSITE!!). Instead, we're getting a 2br right above the main office, overlooking the pool (noisy?). We're going up to party with some friends at their annual party, but also to show the girls the goats on the roof at Coombs, and the beaches of Parksville. Should be fun! Might even stop into the Godparent's place if we have the time.
We were thinking of camping, but the Army sucked all the fun right out of me for that. As someone posted on my Facebook, unless HRH The Queen is paying for it, don't camp. RV-ing it would cost us about $700 for four days, and that didn't include food. This way, if the weather sucks, we're still good.
The week after that we're off (I hope) to Church Camp. Still waiting to hear about our bursary on that one.
I've also received my student loan funding, and have registered for 3 of the 6 final courses I need for my Diploma. I'll be taking Math, Microeconomics and Open Communications until July. I'm putting in Education Leave passes at work for every Wednesday in May and June, and the first week of July, where I hope to write my exams.
If all goes well, I'll be able to put Greta into gymnastics the same week Ray has her Dance Camp while I study for my tests. If Greta likes the gymnastics better than dance, then she'll start that in the fall (probably Friday afternoons) while Ray dances on Saturdays again. Ray has her choice of Primary Ballet (morning classes) or Grade 1 Modern (afternoon classes), depending on how she does during her Dance Camp in July. If Greta decides to dance in the fall, her class is in the morning, just prior to noon.
Here's some photos from the past week to tide you over.

1. We have a huge herd of resident deer around here. This one was in the back yard eating the grass.



2. There's two deer in this photo. They are directly outside the window where I sit at the computer. They eventually went up the slight incline and ate at the
neighbour's place.
3. There should be a photo here but I can't get it to load for some reason. It's a creek that runs behind our friend's place. This is the first time I managed to get the settings on the camera to reflect the flow of water. I wanted to show the difference between the two settings. At any rate, I took this without a tripod, so I think it turned out pretty well. Next time I see some flowy water, I'll know the settings to have the camera on to make it flow, and I'll try to remember the tripod too.
4. Kee Kee our cat, reminding me it's his dinner time. It's always dinner time in Kee's mind. He's a good boy though, so I can't hold a grudge too long.
I have more photos on the phone, but I haven't downloaded them yet. I'll try to get to it tomorrow - there's a Snowbird flyover on there!
Next week's flex:
Sun: Church, laundry, housework, etc etc.
Mon: School, work (physio).
Tue: School, work (Clothing stores for new uniform). Dance class.
Wed: School, work (TWO CNC meetings!).
Thu: School, work (Eye clinic).
Fri: School, work (Civi Friday!). Sailor's duty that day too, so we won't see him til Saturday. I think I'll buy some veggie seeds and more dirt and plant some planter boxes and a giant plant urn over the weekend! I just have to investigate which veggies grow well in planters.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.