I sat down on our bed this morning. The bed we've had for going on 7 years, and I broke the side rail. Yeah yeah, har har, I know the jokes. Unfortunately, it was on a Sunday, when stores don't open til 11. And this Sunday, church started at 10. And there was a birthday party for one of Greta's friends starting at 1. The stores were in town (as was the party), but church wasn't. And because I wasn't thinking straight, I forgot to ask Sailor to pick up the present when he went home after dropping us off at church. GAH!
So, now we have a new bed, similar in colour but not really similar in style, along with a new mattress and boxspring set to be delivered next Saturday. Of course, they nabbed me with the 5 year extended warranty on the bedframe. We were given a brand new 32" (which is only actually 31" and less than that for viewing space) LCD flatscreen TV. But that won't be here til mid-April. They nailed me with a 2 year warranty on that, but if we don't use it, then we get the money back as a store credit (here's hoping I can get a few nice things for the walls in 2 years - there's a few horse pictures there that are spectacular!).
Ray ended up with Pinkeye on Friday. That was fun. The antibiotics are working a treat though, so at least she can go back to school. We need to find her a boulder for their garden.
Anyway, here's some pictures from the past week:

This is Greta enjoying her friend's castle at the birthday party from last week.

Next is Jimmy Flynn playing the Club. His buddy is a neighbour's son from Nova Scotia and he received a birthday present and we all sung Happy Birthday to him. It was a LOT of fun that night, that's for sure!


Palm Sunday at the church. I will crop this and make it prettier, but for now, I think this is fine. It's quite a nice contrast.
Playing in the park (yes, this is from Saturday, but whatever). The girls love this playground.
This week's flex:
Mon: I work, Sailor's off. Girls to school. I'm going in super early so that I can get to Clothing Stores and get stuff quickly instead of waiting forever. Making Haroset for Thursday night.
Tues: I work, Sailor's still off. Girls to school. I have tap class to go to. Gotta remember to bring a skirt. Making Macarones for Thursday night.
Wed: I work, Sailor works! Girls to school. No Nooma, but I need to make the Lamb and the Lemon Cake for Thursday night. Oh, and the maztoh balls mix.
Thurs: We work, but I'm off around 1230. Sailor will probably work late. Girls to school, but off at 3. I will be spending my afternoon at the church with the food and helping ot set up for Passover Seder Supper that night. I'll go get the girls, then we'll be back in time to eat most likely. I'm making chicken and matzoh balls there, the lamb will be ready to go, and for dessert the macarones and lemon cake. The food is always so good!
Fri: Off! Rest!! Perhaps some scrapbooking? Laundry? Hanging out.
Sat: Dance for Ray, getting our new bed set and mattress delivered, and then dinner at N's place. Perhaps I'll bring a baked brie and get them hooked too! Mwahahaaahah.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.