Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tell Me Why I Don't Like Tuesdays....

So, Tuesday. I effin' hate Tuesdays. Let me tell you a little of why.
Besides dealing with the usual shit at work, I decided to call the Dr's office to see if they can see Greta today due to her crying every time she pees. When I finally got someone to answer the phones, they said yes, 3:45 this aft. I took off from work at 2:30. There's heavy construction at A and C, so I sat there for 10 minutes then got around it and went to get gas at the Shell. The lineup inside to pay was fucked up - one till open. I finally got through that and gassed up. I had .50 coming to me. I went back inside. Still a line up, so I left. I'm not going to worry about fifty cents.
Got to preschool right at 3:30. Great! Still have time to get to the dr's on time. The girls were ecstatic to see me. We got out of there pretty well within 2 minutes and took off. It's hovering around 25 degrees now. Beautiful day. We follow the slowest car in NATO all the way to the Lake and the van in front of me moved over to let me pass at the cop shop. We made it into the dr's office RIGHT at 1545.

And then we waited.
And waited.
And waited.
People went in.
People came out.
We waited some more.
And waited.
I have to go to the bathroom, but didn't, just in case we were called.
And waited.
FINALLY! Called into the dr's office around 4:20.
And we waited.
And waited.
Greta poo'd.

I couldn't find ANYONE near us, just voices down the hall. I finally called out to someone and the bitchy receptionist came around the corner. I explained that I need to get Greta's diaper bag (I honestly thought we'd be in and out in under 20 minutes) from the car. No problem. The girls stayed in the dr's office and I went across the street and back.
And had no clean diapers in the bag.
So we went to the bathroom and thankfully it was a solid poo. So I wiped her bum (stuck on a little though) and removed the poo. And we went back to the office.
And waited.
And waited.
And waited.

By now, we've been there an hour. A FUCKING HOUR waiting. And we had an appointment! WTF is that all about?
He FINALLY comes in and says to take off her diaper after he asks me a bunch of questions. And then he leaves AGAIN. 5 minutes later he comes back again. And asks me if I'm going to change her diaper. I tell him I can't because we're usually home by this time and I'm out of them. Oh.
So he takes a quick look at her bits (and he can't see anything), checks her ears and says, "Can you get a urine sample?"
Are you fuckin' kidding me? She doesn't pee on the pot yet. HTH can I do that?
So he gives me a script (another 5 minutes later) and two containers to catch her pee. It's now 1715. An hour and a HALF for a 10 minute appointment. I was fucking furious.
We go to the pharmacy across the way and the pharmacist, afte doing some digging, thinks that the medication isn't strong enough, so she calls over. And surprise - NO ONE ANSWERS THE PHONE! AND she doesn't have enough for the whole 10 days, so she gives me what she has and I'm going back again TOMORROW to get the rest.
I'll spare you the walk across to the corner store for milk.
We get the medication and go home. It's now 5:30ish. I make chicken, rice and wax beans. I gobble my food down. Ray actually eats some chicken. Greta - nothing. Mostly ketchup. Oh, and some bunnies.
At 6:30 I take Greta up for her bath (she's had her medication by now). Ray comes up around 7 for her shower. It's now 8:22 and Greta is STILL up fucking around - wants Ray, wants to sit on the toilet, wants to cuddle, blah blah blah - and Ray is feeding into it. I'm losing my effin' mind.
And THAT'S why I hate Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.