Saturday, August 8, 2009

Let The Countdown Commence!

Camp was a hoot! We had so much fun. The girls learned a lot about their strengths and weaknesses, and I learned how to lighten the hell up AND did some spiritual junk too. It was great. We made some new friends and ate food we didn't cook (YAY). Ray slept on the top bunk - and didn't fall out or off the whole time. Greta climbed and swung (all the time), and fell and scraped her knees (again). Ray went canoeing!!

We had such a wonderful time - even if timings were suggestions, the non-existent insulation allowed us to hear every murmur of conversation and boom of a bass, and there are still people out there who need a kick in the ass. BUT, on the whole it was a positive experience. Apparently, we're going again next year (says Ray). We met a girl who lives near us who is more than happy to babysit the girls while our regular sitter is overseas for the year! YAY!

This is definitely NOT Sailor's cup o' tea, so we'll go, the three girls, and he'll either be at sea or on a mini holiday himself at the time. There was a wifi drop, so I was able to email Sailor every night! I just sent him a swak of pics from the first day.

The neighbour across the street not only fed the cat, watered the lawn and picked up our mail, BUT, she got her husband to mow our front lawn too! YAY! What a great bunch of people here. We're having a 'thanks for taking care of me while Sailor was gone' BBQ in September for the block.

Since we've been back, I've done about 8 loads of laundry (mostly with Oxyclean), gone grocery shopping, and we've seen the Musical Ride today. It was also the Celebration of Life for our friend's mother. I wrote them an email, but I don't know if it was read out. I did drop off two bouquets of flowers to the house before we went to the Ride.

The girls loved the show. They call them the "dancing black horses", and we were able to see two close up at the end. I wanted to go to the stables afterward, but the girls just wanted to go home.

My cousin was supposed to call me and I was to pick her up from the ferry, but she didn't so we didn't. Tomorrow we're having Mother-In-Law and Sister-In-Law come up for a visit and a bbq dinner. If I can light the bbq without lighting myself on fire too, that is.

Sailor called, but the phone didn't ring. He'll call again tomorrow he said.

Greta is now only in her bed. I dismantled the crib tonight. It didn't go smoothly. There's some repairs that Sailor needs to make to the crib if we hope to pass it on to someone else. At any rate, Greta looks so tiny and small in that wee bed in the middle of her room. And she's happy as a clam about it too. *sigh* another milestone Sailor misses.

This week's flex:
Sun: Church then MIL & SIL visit (maybe the neighbour too). Get read for work on Monday.
Mon: Recycle day! Preschool, work, drop the car off at the body shop. Get a rental for 3 days.
Tue: Preschool, work. Friends from Alberta are dropping in while on their camping vaycay for supper (BBQ again) after work.
Wed: Preschool, work. Maybe the car will be ready. Maybe not.
Thur: Girls and I are home for the day. Seems the preschool overbooked for the day, so instead of trying to explain to Greta why either she's with me and Ray's at school, OR she's at school and Ray's with me... I'll keep them both home for the day and we'll go to a local park in the forenoon.
Fri: Garbage day! Preschool, work. Car goes into the shop for maintenance, and I go to the chirpractor for MY maintenance! Gotta make potato salad for my cousin's bbq the next day too.
Sat: Cousin's annual family BBQ. Gonna be fun (kinda sad without my dad there again though) to see the family again.

Rumour has it my other cousins will make it down from the interior the following week for 3/4 days and they said they'd swing by the house. I'll believe it when I see it. I also have a dr's appointment that week (nothing serious), and then, before you know it, Sailor will be home!! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.