She decided to cut her hair short like me the other week. I think it's to be more like her girlfriend, but it's sweet to hear her say, "Do I look like you?" Her school pageant is on Wednesday - a matinee which we can't attend, and an evening show which we all will. Then the church pageant is on Saturday at 4, and then a potluck supper. The preschool's pageant is the following Wednesday, following a breakfast with Santa at Ray's school. The Silly Season is upon us! I think she's coming down with a cold, but I dope her up in the morning and she gets through the day.
Greta is doing well - she's still in her tantrum mode, but is getting better at peeing on the potty. If only she'd be more consistent, but she's so stubborn, it's hard to get her to buy into the whole thing. At a family dinner on the weekend she was saying "no!" and my step-mum said to Sailor, "I guess you can relate to her as you're both the baby of the family," and then Greta started slamming her chopsticks on the table and my step-mum continued with, "But I see some of Mary in there too..." Gee... thanks! Ha ha.
I was at Ray's school for their Bazaar the other weekend and for giggles I saw the psychic. She told me stuff that she could not have known. Suffice it to say, it looks like I'll be taking that medical release in 3 years or so and teaching. Then Dad showed up. How do I know this? Because she said he showed her his engineer's cap and mimed blowing a train whistle. There's no way in hell she'd know that he was an engineer. No. Way. So, we 'chatted' and said we loved each other and I cried, and blah blah blah. I miss him so much, every day.
Sailor's course is nearly over. He tanked his physics exam and has a re-write on Wednesday morning. He's nervous about this. I really hope he passes. He's supposed to go to Ottawa next week, and I think it depends on if he passes the re-write or not. He wants to go, just so he can use the leftover TD money to get a scope for his gun for Christmas.
I'm on leave that week, so we're going to be busy while he's gone.
I've also been loaded onto my 6A course out in Borden (north of Barrie) starting the 12th of Jan. I'll be flying out probably the 10th and leaving around the 18th of Feb. There'll be me and one other Master Seaman. The rest are P2's, so they'll be in one building for quarters, and we'll be in another. No worries though. I usually have a good time in Borden, but I've never been in winter. I'm going to freeze, I can tell. My extra TD money will either go toward the car rental... or school fees for the girls so we don't have to suffer in the spring with it. I'm so thoughtful :-P
We haven't told the girls yet. After the New Year we will for sure. Gotta get them through next week, then Christmas first.
I'm looking forward to seeing friends and family again, for sure. I'll be able to get my MIL's cross-stitch finished for her birthday in March and maybe even a couple more done. I'll be able to write up the lessons for the course I'm supposed to be teaching in the new year (ha, that won't happen now), and will be back in time to hopefully run a course at the church over Lent. I'm also searching for an adult tap class to keep my skilz up while I'm away.
Sailor has to take time off while the ship's at sea in Feb, but that works out great because Ray has a week off for mid-term break during that time.
So... this week's flex:
Tues: work/school. Tap class.
Wed: work/school. School pageant.
Thurs: work/school.
Fri: work/school. Potluck supper for a friend. First night of Channukah!
Sat: Sailor leaves for Ottawa. Dance class, groceries, laundry, prep for Sunday's MK Open House, and Church Pageant!
Sun: Church, MK Open house
Next week's flex:
Mon: Drop off Greta, read to Ray, do MK stocktaking, pick up girls, candle light service at Ray's School.
Tues: drop off girls, go into town: chiro, passport, Pier 1, Lifestyles Market (gotta find the bathbomb recipe!), Sleep Country, Lush & Sears, pick up girls. Dance? Only if I can find a sitter.
Wed: Breakfast with Santa for the girls at the School, then take Greta to her pageant performance! Do more MK stocktaking and inputting. Bake some stuff too.
Thurs: Drop off Greta, Read to Ray, finish inputting. More baking.
Fri: Sailor comes home! Drop off Greta, read to Ray. Early dismissal. More baking before getting Greta.
Sat: Hair cut & colour!! Wheeee!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please, no flames or ignorant comments. This Blog will be read by children as a time capsule of their lives. Don't be the asshat who turns this into a bad experience.